Check engine light P0462 2007 Dodge Charger 3.5L V6

I have a 2007 Dodge Charger 3.5L v6 reading OBDII code (P0462) FUEL LEVEL SENSOR A CIRCUIT LOW.  My question is, can I buy and change just the sensor, or do I have to replace the whole sending unit?

much thanks

in progress0
Lewhisnant2 weeks1 Answer18 viewsMember0

Answer ( 1 )

  1. Hello

    If you can find the part, you can replace just the sender.

    Remember that there could be other problems like a broken wire that caused the trouble code.

    The easiest way is normally to Ohm-measure the sender itself to see if the circuit is faulty or not. The correct ohm values you can get from a repair manual. You can also check the signals from the engine control unit/dashboard to the sender.

    This video could maybe help you a bit:



    Here is a

Leave an answer

About LewhisnantMember