Side power window switch on a 2008 Escalade
I’m trying to diagnose a non-working front passenger side power window switch on a 2008 Escalade. Only the lock/unlock function works. The window, mirror and mirror turn signal don’t. The window and mirror don’t work from the driver’s console either. The mirror turn signal doesn’t work at all.
Here’s what I know so far:
* The switch has input sockets for 8 color-coded connectors (or 7 but I think they’re 8, I’m not with the vehicle right now to count them.) Exactly 3 connectors which should be hooked up to the console are missing – the blue, green and grey
* The board looks OK inside
* The window motor works – tested with bypass straight from the battery
* The passenger door module 15-amp fuse (on fuse panel left of dash) is good
* The passenger door module 25-amp circuit braker (on panel under dash) is good; it was also taken out for two minutes and put back in, as well as replaced with the spare – all with no effect
Q1: Are some of the connectors optional depending on the model or am I missing three that should be there?
Q2: What else should I do to diagnose this myself?
I just bought the vehicle so I have no history of its behavior. What’s worse, I’m based in Europe where there are no shops for these cars.
Please assist. Thank you.